“Be an opener of doors … ” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
One of the many beauties of a business I’m fully embracing is learning from others who are doing the same thing. The support and sharing opportunities top the list of things I love about network marketing. Yes, I said network marketing – a smart, equal-opportunity business model but the model that’s still taboo in many circles.
Go read Go Pro by Eric Worre to learn more about the industry and especially if you’re a network marketing professional and have yet to read this enlightening book.
One of my sideline partners in Arbonne shared this post the other day. I love how she addresses some of the common misconceptions of network marketing. Thank you for letting me share, Molly!
When I was approached with joining Arbonne as a consultant I said NO! Why?
1. The pressure: asking people to buy a product from me made me uncomfortable. It’s one thing to recommend but another to promote and then get paid (I thought people would see me as desperate).
2. Small Network: I only had about 2 people interested in the clean eating Bootcamp. Sure I could sign them up, but then what?
3. It’s a pyramid structure: only the people above you benefit from your efforts right?
4. The market is saturated: if there were 150 people in the last challenge then everyone interested has already joined. Also, my sponsor knows a lot of the same people I know and is already working with them. Whose left for me to help?
These were my reasons for not wanting to do any network marketing company.
What changed my perception:
1. EVERYONE can be healthier (kinda like insurance, you just have to have it! If you don’t you’re going to get in some deep financial issues if you haven’t prepared yourself and your body!
2. It’s not about selling a product. It’s about introducing people to a different way of living!
3. Who benefits from my efforts: MY CLIENTS first and foremost! This is about them. Arbonne then pays me for helping them. Honestly, financial planning, insurance, any form of consulting works the same way structurally.
4. WHY Arbonne: the company has been providing safe, pure, beneficial products for 35 years. They’ve never changed their mission (commitment), great compensation plan and bonuses,
$79 to start, no additional investment required. Your sponsor launches you with their products. As you build a team your team is able to help so many more people than you alone and you all do it together! Arbonne spoils you (pays for your trips, pays you back for the Global Training Conference in Vegas, gives you lots of free products, just loves on you)!
You might be thinking well all that’s great but it’s only for people at the top level, nope! From the very beginning they offer their consultants gifts!
It really is very similar to any other company out there that is providing a service or product to enhance someone’s life! Arbonne just happened to get it right with their multiple safe product lines!…”
Molly describes this profession so succinctly. My Arbonne business allows me to help others looking for feasible ways to make healthier and more informed decisions about what they put on their skin and in their bodies. I believe wholeheartedly that being aware of these ingredients can greatly impact our overall health and happiness. The plus side is there is an awesome business opportunity for those who also want to share with others and help them redirect their spending on products they would use anyway.
Last month at GTC
(Arbonne’s Global Training Conference), I met so many people who, just because they said yes to Arbonne, are places in their lives now where they can be more, do more and give more than ever thought possible. Ignorance is fading and people are realizing this business model can unlock so many doors of possibilities. And not just for a select group of people. This business is for everyone no matter your socioeconomic status or education level. It is possible to make a corporate CEO income without sacrificing your sanity and time with loved ones. And for the creative minds, a network marketing career allows you time to hone your craft and not starve at the same time.
I can still do the things I enjoy in work such as grow my small publishing company, write and be part of a team that produces a local monthly magazine. My heart is fuller as I stretch myself, grow as a leader and reach out to help others. My worry over making ends meet and securing a future for myself fades as I keep growing and serving others.
Go ahead and open a new door, explore a little and you might be surprised at what you’ll find – things you once thought impossible now totally possible.